Computer Training For Office Staffs Proposal
To: Accounting Department
From: Richard D. Go
Subject: Computer Training for Accounting Staff
Date: May 26, 2000
This report proposes to conduct computer training for the Accounting Staff so that they will know how to operate computer and make accounting reports using printer.
Company is spending more money for overtime of office staff since they are using the manual processing of data. They use calculator to compute for payroll and manual report of inventory and stocks. Also, the processing of data is very slow. Office staff do not use computer for their report such as computing payroll, monitoring inventory and printing reports.
To provide computer training for Accounting office staff in order for them to be proficient in using computer such as training for Microsoft Word and Excel. In this way, staff will be able to know how to automate their works using computer.
- There are many advantages of using computers. Here are benefits of using computer at our office:
- Keeping records in organize manner and serve as a substitute of filing.
- Prepares payroll more easily and accurately.
- Monitors overstock, receipts, issue and finding balance of stocks
- Prepare letter and other documents in an organized manner
- Produce reports in easy way
- Automate computation of payroll
- Ledger accounts, cash book and other data are recorded through computers
The company spent Php25,000 a month for the overtime pay of Accounting staff. The company spent the total of Php300,000.00 annually. Imagine that if the company does not pay for overtime, the company saves so much money. The expenses for the training of office staff is only Php50,000 so the company will save Php 250,000.00.
Training of Office Staff Expenses – Php50,000.00
Monthly Expenses for Overtime Pay – Php25.000.00
I believe that if our employees were became proficient in using a computer. Their work will be easier and no need for overtime and the company will save money.
Melanie L. Roxas