June 11, 1990
San Mateo Subd.
Mr. Eymard R. Navarro
Kyla Grace Corporation
Dear Mr. Navarro:
Our company would like to offer you a system that will cut the costs of your company by 50 percent. Several companies proved that our products will reduce their expenses by 50% and I believe that this is also suited to your company. Our products will save money, time and effort.
We will evaluate your current system and determined how it can be improved your traditional processing of data and information. We have helped several companies cut down their expenses such as on printing, personnel overtime, stationary cost, and many more.
The enclosed business proposal will show you the details of our product and how it will help your company. It also includes the works we have done for other companies similar to yours.
I am confident that we can come up with a plan that will help your company to save money. I assured that this will be the best decision to make more profit. I will call you to schedule our visit to your office and discuss the possibility of working together.
Very truly yours,
Joanna Grace Cruz
If you want to attract more investor, you should write a winning proposal which shows that you know how to open and operated a restaurant business.
Your restaurant business proposal should provides your restaurant concept, market research, marketing plan, projects, start up cost, operating costs, budget experience and other support documents.
The following are some of the ideas to be included in your restaurant proposal
- Cuisine and menu items. Of course, your restaurant should have unique menu item and cuisine that will attract your target clients or customers.
- Target Audience. Know the demand of your restaurant to marketplace and back it up with data and research.
- Competitors – Identify your competitors in terms of restaurant business. You should have a unique selling strategy.
- Pricing strategy – You should have your own pricing strategy that will attract your prospective customer.
- Marketing strategy – How you will advertise your restaurant? Just include the type of media you will be using such as newspaper, website, TV, or social media sites.
- Projection of monthly and annually figures. You can provide projections for the first three years which includes a loss or the break even income. Also, provides the annual profit projection and cash flow projection.
- List of Start up cost. It includes the expenses to open the restaurant such as food costs, overhead expenses and other non-food cost.
- Owner’s biographies. You should provide the key owners of the restaurant as well as the operators, staff member and consultants.
- Requested funding. You can include the requested funding for your restaurant. Highlights the demand in the marketplace and the ability to operate a restaurant as well as profit potential.
Research proposal is written to provide a detailed description of the proposed project. It serves as an outline of the entire research process that will gives a reader a summary of the information discussed in a project. Also, it is written to request a budget for the research or as requirement in tertiary education
The following are some components of Research Proposal:
- Title. It should provide the key ideas and gives a glimpse of your research.
- Abstract. It includes a concise statement of your research. It consists of no more than 100 words. It describes the problems you will intend to solve.
- Research Background. It includes the overview of your study. It also provides the summarize of your proposal.
- Research Question. These questions will guide your research. You should take time to reflect on the main questions that you are seeking to answer before writing your proposal. The main questions are good way to narrow down your topic and make it feasible. Your proposal should explain your approach in answering those questions.
- Research Methods. It includes the research method that you will be using. It outlines these research methods and explains how you will be able to conduct your research.
- Significance of Research. It explains why your research is important. Your proposal must demonstrate the originality of your research. It should explain how your research will benefits or impact others.
- Bibliography. It contains a short bibliography which identifies the most relevant works for your research.
Government makes a request for proposal if they do not have adequate resources for a new project or asking for the purchasing of goods or services. They asked private sector to assist them by issuing a Request for Proposal (RFPs). When private sector learned about it, they will submit a government proposal or sometimes called government contract proposal.
Private company or sector will present their proposal s targeting the concern of government authority by submitting their plans, solution to their concerns as well as cost of execution. Proposal should highlight important details to ensure its consideration from the government authority.
The following are some tips in writing government proposal:
- Government proposal should base on the RFP of the government authority.
- Make sufficient and accepted research of the project for the government to be executed by authority.
- Proposal should meet government goals and objectives.
- Proposal should be divided into different section for easy reading and for identifying the task such as the proposed methods as well as the cost related to it. It will help government authority to understand your proposal effectively.
- Provides cost benefits analysis and time table for the project
- Lastly, make sure that your proposal satisfies the need of the government authority in order to gain consideration.
- Don’t forget to include the tentative date for proposal acceptance and contract information of the company.
September 25, 2008
Mr, Roland D. Walls
Dear Mr. Walls,
I am Leonard L. Drakes who working as Head Chef for five stars hotel for 25 years and have acquired several training from different countries including Paris, France, Italy, Canada, Australia and among other. I am very passionate about different food of different cultures and would like to open up a restaurant.
My restaurant will be serving French and Italian cuisine mainly but along with it I will also hire of other cuisine such as Chinese in order to have variety of foods. The main target customer of my restaurant will be for families at very affordable price.
Attached herewith is my business plan. The estimated amount of loan required for this set up is $95,000.
I am looking forward of meeting your for further discussion.
Chef Leonard L. Drakes
A sales proposal is one of the important documents in the world of business. It contains product demonstration or idea that will benefit the client. It is necessary to write a sales proposal in a proper way and organized manner to increase your sales and achieve your goals.
The following are some steps on writing powerful sales proposal:
- Catch the attention of your prospect client or customer. It is one of the best tips of all time. If there is no impact, no one will be interested to read it.
- Discuss the present problems being encountered. To catch prospect’s attention is to discuss their current situation before offering anything else.
- Explain the solution being offered. Discuss how the implemented solution will benefit to their current situation and solve their present problems.
- Keep your proposal simple. Prospect’s client should understand your proposal so avoid using too technical terms or jargon words.
- Make your proposal short. Businessmen are too busy to read too long documents. It is better to make your proposal short and concise.
- Use title and heading. In this way, your proposal is easy to read. Headings make your proposal section easy to locate important details.
- Summarize your proposal. Those decision makers sometimes jump to the last page of the proposal and skip some details so it is necessary to include a complete summary of your proposal without reading the entire proposal. You can use bullet point summary
A proposal is written with the purpose of selling or offering something that can help and improve their businesses. It should answer the question following questions:
- What are your proposing?
- How do you implements your proposal?
- When your proposal to do it?
- How much going to cost?
When writing a proposal, always consider your readers or audience and use appropriate materials and language to appeal to them. You can provide glossary of terms that explain technical language use in the body of proposal or include appendices which explain technical information.
Just like any document, there are basic composition of proposal such as the beginning (introduction), middle (body of the proposal) and ending (conclusion and recommendation).
- Introduction – provide the problem intended to solve as well as the solution to that problem.
- Body of the Proposal – explains the details of the solution including how the job will be done, specifies tasks and the method to be used in order to do it. Equipment, materials and personnel required should be also included. In addition, the time when the project or work to be completed and presents the cost breakdown of the entire project,
- End of the Proposal – contains the conclusion and recommendation for the proposal. It emphasizes the benefits of the project from the solution you are proposing. It urge the readers to take action.
Proposal should be informative because it trying to educate the readers and convince them to do it. It should believe that the reader needs the proposal in order to have greater benefits. Make them trust that the solution you are offering is practical and appropriate.
Writing a franchise proposal is required to apply for a particular franchise. Franchise proposal letter is written if you want to invest to a certain business and it is address to the owners to let them know about you and your business background and how you will finance your deal. When writing a franchise proposal, always remember that you are selling yourself as the part of business package.
One of the most important parts of writing a franchise proposal is to prove the owners that you are capable of running a successful business franchise. Franchise proposal should contain important information to attract the interest of the franchise owner.
The basic structure of writing a franchise proposal are introduction, description of your purposes, business history and experience, detailed business plan, projected income and expenses, as well as your financial status whether you will have an start up capital or you will obtain loan.
A franchise owner may require a complete detailed business plan which includes your plan to operate the business from inventory product to attendant cost aside from overall business operation of the business. Also, the long term and short term plan as franchiser so that the franchise owner knows your plans for the future. You can consider consulting other businesses or people who are willing to help you in developing an ideal business plan. You can also attend classes, workshops or seminars to have more knowledge and insights.
Financial proposal is written to determine how much money is allocated to certain project. It gives a financial details mentioned in the proposal. It is presented after a thorough assessment of various costs and expenditures to be used in the project. It talks about how much money you need, how much money you will be used, security and return of investment.
Financial proposal is also used to present or suggest repairing a financial difficulties or budget in the business or project. It outlines the financial changes the project or business wants.
The following are some financial proposal writing guidelines:
- Introduce the name of the organization as well as the person who will be participated in the financial project
- Provides a list of goals to achieve the desired results
- Elaborate the reason for writing the proposal
- Clearly explained the need and importance of financial proposal
- Make a budget and pricing list that explained the fees and charges that must be paid
- Provides the cost as well the risks involved in the project so that the other party may make good decision
- Make a title page and appendix to include any pertaining details about the proposal. This includes the old budget.
Proposal Title: Teaching Methodology for the Engineering Instructor of Pilar State University
The purpose of this document is to give the Instructor in Engineering Department a seminar and workshop to develop and improve their teaching skills.
- To offer a quality education among engineering students.
- To improve the teaching skills of the Instructor in PSU.
- To motivate the student to study well
- To encourage more student enroll in the school.
- To gain a quality student.
- To enhance the skills of the Instructor.
- To become more effective in teaching.
III. Strategies/ Methodologies
1. Planning Phase
-The school will have an exclusive seminar and workshop for the Engineering Instructor.
- All the Instructor in engineering department is require to attend the seminar and workshop.
- It will be conducted in the school place.
-The school will hired a professional speaker to lead the seminar.
-Orientation of the Instructor to the seminar program.
- The workshop will be implemented on March 23- 26 2009 (4 days)
IV. Work Plan
1. Data Gathering – 20 days
2. Interview – 14 days
3. Observation – 8 days
4. Implementation – 4 days
V. Technical Justification
Computer (provided by the school)
Projector (provided by the school)
Speaker (2 people) (Php 8000.00)
Lunch / Snack (Php 1000.00)
Project Cost: Php 9000