Proposal is written to offer a solution to a problem or an action in answer to a need such as a need for financial support for a special project.
The following are some of the types of proposal which is written everywhere.
- Preliminary or Pre-proposal – This proposal is requested by a sponsor to establish interest in a project.
- Solicited Proposal – This proposal is written as response to Request for Proposal (RFP) and should conform by the solicitation requirements issued by the agency.
- Unsolicited Proposal – This proposal is submitted anytime even though the sponsor is not issued a specific solicitation.
- Competitive Proposal – This proposal is a request for a new budget for the expired project.
- Supplemental Proposal – This serve as a request for additional budget for the funded project such as equipment or program modifications.
- New Proposal – This proposal is written for the first time to request for a financial assistance for a project.
- Competing or Renewal Proposal – This proposal request for continued support for existing project.
- Revised Proposal – This proposal is resubmitted that a project may be funded but there is specific changes in the proposal should be made. It should follow the sponsor instructions.
- Renewal Proposal – This proposal is also a request for additional funding. It is also subject to review criteria as new proposal.
Advertising proposal is written to propose how to advertise something such as the method to be used in advertising including print advertising, media advertising, broadcast advertising, and outdoor advertising. The main objective for advertising is to drive up sales of the products or services.
Below is an example of Advertising Proposal Format:
I. Overview of the Company
Provide a company’s description such as the vision and mission of the company and date established. Also, includes the strengths and achievement of the company.
II. Concept and Advertising Ideas
Explain the concept you are using in advertising the products or services.
III. The Proposal
Describe the type and form of advertisement to be used. Provide the characteristic of your target audience such as age, sex, location, income and occupation and explain how to reach them using your proposed advertisement. Also, describe the action you want by the audience as a response to the advertisement. Include also the project plan such as development and production of advertisement.
IV. Benefits and Advantages
Include a list of benefits and advantages of having a proposed advertisement such as the benefits to society and advantages to other business.
Provides how your proposed advertisement makes profitable. Show facts and figures.
Include the support to make the proposed advertisement successful.
Information Technology (IT) is the application of computers and telecommunication equipment to process data such as storing data, retrieving data, transmitting data and manipulating data.
IT proposal is suggesting the use of software or a system to eliminate the traditional way of processing data. It should attract your client and convince them that it is more beneficial to change the old system to new computerized system. The advantage of computerized system is the fast processing of data and offers a large capacity of storage for storing information.
Below is an example of Brief IT Proposal
IT Proposal presented by: ABC Software Firm
Date of Submission : August 10, 2001
Name of Software Offer: ABC Computerized Inventory System
Benefits of the Software:
- Computerized Inventory System will provide accurate data
- It has the ability to access data in a faster and efficient manner
- It handles data in accurate and timely manner since deliveries
- Eliminates paper works and manual processes
- Faster streamlining purchasing and inventory control
Cost of the Software: Fifty Three Thousand Pesos (Php 53,000)
Advantages offer over competitors
- Provides training until the user learned all function and use of the system
- Provides user manual and trouble shooting
- Assign one (1) programmer to modified some of your request
- Parallel runs for six (6) months
Clients use our system
- Procter and Gambles Company
- Jack and Jill Corporation
Areas of Specialization
Medical Health Proposal is written with the intention of helping or offering someone for medical and health issues including employees, student, or anyone who need medical attention. It is clearly identified the real health issues along with the solution to manage it. The one who written a medical health proposal are usually the physician, medical representative, manager of medical group, medical mission group, medical insurance representative, supplier of pharmaceutical or in the hospital records management and other sector which promote medical health. Some of the reasons of writing a medical health proposal is grow your business and attract clients and secure funding.
There are steps in writing the medical health proposal which are the introduction of yourself, describe and identify your client’s need, provides information on your goods or services you offered as well as the list of cost and finally convince your client or grant committee that you best choice to provide solution. A typical medical health proposal contains a cover letter, list of products and services offered as well as the corresponding cost or price.
In the first part of your medical proposal should provide services and the abilities which can be start with the name, company address and date of proposal submission with the name and other details of the target client or organization. While in second part, you can specify the goals of your proposal such as to take care of your overall health. In the third part, you can provide the budget for your proposal. Make sure that you budget should match with the actual and the project is feasible for implementation.
Sample Medical Health Proposal are the following:
- Proposed Health Insurance Policies for ABC Corporation
- Medical Mission for Rural Areas
- Proposed Medical Clinic in Hi-Way Areas
- Proposed Health Insurance in Rural Areas
- Annual Medical Screening for EYC Corporation
All business needs an improvement in order to be successful. Such improvement includes the implementation of new rules and policies as well as new plans.
In order to operate a computer shop, it is a need to upgrade everything on the shop including both hardware and software. Also, provide employee a training program to
Below is an example of Restaurant Business Proposal
Business Name: Save and Delete Computer Shop
Summary: It has been 3 years of journey. During the year of operation, we have learns a lot of things of how to improve our services on our customer. It is really an honor to know that our customer always appreciate our efforts in bringing them a satisfaction in every task they given to us. Because of high demands, we have planned to set up new branch near the town proper to serve them better for the convenience of our customer.
Plan of Action:
- Open a new branch near town plaza to provide more services and convenience to our customer live near plaza.
- Hired potential employees who have equip with more skills in computer including web designing,
- Provides brand new computers.
- Train our personnel in computer skills
The estimated cost will be Php405000. This cost includes the 10 computer sets as well the operating expenses
The following are some components of a winning business proposal:
- Title – It contains the title of your business proposal and what the proposal is about in a clear manner.
- Executive Summary – It has basic information about your business proposal including the objectives, solution, methodology and cost. It should limited to 2 to 3 pages since it just provide the overview of your business proposal.
- Introduction – It should detail of your company as well the major activities of your business and the history of past relevant endeavors. Also, it contains the purpose and objectives of your business proposal.
- Problem Statement – The problem should clearly define and details what the proposal is trying to achieve. It provides facts, interview and statistics as well as the significance of the need and the reason why needs a solution and objectives of your business proposal. It is important to provide evidence that support the need to come up with a solution.
- Solution to the Problem – It contains the steps and actions to be taken in order to solve the current problem. It provides the description of your business proposal such as the operations to be used.
- Work Plan – It provides the approaches and methodology proposed to achieve the objectives and goals.
- Budget – It contains the cost of your business proposal including the pricing to implement the proposed project, cost projection of cash flow, balance sheet, profit and loss statement, cost benefit analysis and sources of funds.
- Evaluation – It includes the degree if the objectives were met and the procedures were followed.
- Conclusion – It contains the review of what the project will achieve. Also, it will restating the problem and the reason why the proposed solution will succeed.
Business proposal is written to suggest a business offers to a prospective client. It serves as sales tool since it either a sell of idea or products. It also categorized into two type of proposal, namely solicited business proposal and unsolicited business proposal.
Solicited business proposal has an organized and detailed format provided by the client. It often publishes a Request for Proposal has an organized and detailed format provided by the client. It often publish a Request for Proposal for bid.
Unsolicited business proposal is written to target individuals or client with an attempt to present a product or service to the potential customers.
Whatever type of business proposal it may be, it should always provide a clear business intention by identifying objectives and purposes. Your proposal should unique and different on any business proposal in order to have a winning proposal. Also, describe the problems being solved as well as the needs of the company and then offer a solution. Make sure that the solution will be delivered and attainable.
In addition, your business proposal should provide the benefits your client will get once approve your proposal. Other important elements is the cost of your proposal if it is worth it and acceptable.
- Records cannot be easily updated
- Having a hard time to scan the pages of a book
- Having a hard time to view all the information in just one time.
- Graduation students is the primary user of the system
- It is just a yearbook, no applications can be access
Proposed Annual Website
- Can add, edit, or delete record easily
- Can easily access the yearbook thru the internet
- Viewer friendly
- Anyone can be a user, who at least know how to surf on the internet are also qualified to use the Annual Website
- Can send information to other sites or to other people and to other country
Internet is the best way of connecting with other computers throughout the world. Many people and companies wanted to be connected in the Internet and having your own web page is the key to this connection.
So we have come up with our general conclusion that having your own web page will turn to be a great help for yourself, your relatives as well as organizations and companies you are in to. Another is that graduating students such as Computer Science students are glad and willing to have their information accessible in the internet based on survey we have made.
We highly recommend that all students must have their own web page for this will benefit them. We also suggest that these webpages be combined and come up with a yearbook accessible in the internet.
Discussion of Results, Conclusion and Recommendation
Discussion of Results
It is very important to have a detailed work activities as well as the corresponding schedule so that you will know the flow of your project. You should establish the timeline for completing work activity. Give enough each activity to complete associated task before the deadline. Planning and organizing is one of the best ways to keep focused and makes it ensure to tackle all necessary steps for success. It allows to track progress for the activity. Some use gantt chart to represent a project schedule since it is useful in planning how long a project would take. Gantt chart shows the amount of work done completed in a certain period of time.
The following is a Detailed Work Activities and Schedule for the Proposed Philippine Airlines Aviation Fuel Tank Farm Project:
Activities and Duration
- Site Inspection and Analysis of Berthing Facility – 1 month
- Design of Fuel Tanks – 1 month
- Design of Fuel Loading/Unloading Pump and Piping Facilities – 2 months
- Design of Fire Protection System for Fuel Tank, Fuel Pump House and Marne Berth – 2 months
- Design of Fire Protection System for Ancillary Structure – 3 months
- Design of Air Conditioning and Ventilation System for Ancillary Structure – 3 months
- Preparation of Technical Specifications – 3 months
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities – 1 month
Annual Website is a window based processing software. It provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for inputting and modifying changes. Also, it allows the user to choose what they want to click in the site.
Systems Requirements are as follows:
• At least Pentium 500 MHz Processor
• At least 64 MB of RAM
• At least 2950 MB of 8212 MB Free Hard Disk Space
• Standard Mouse
• Microsoft Windows 98/2000
• Microsoft FrontPage 2000
• Corel Draw 8
• Internet Explorer
Overview of the Product
Annual Website is application software that access Web Pages through which you can avail of different topics or information within the Department of ComSci. Basically, it serves as an annual or yearbook which is yearly by Bataan Heroes Memorial College.
Rationale of the Product
Annual Website is for keeping that information in a more understandable representation. It initiates a home page in which you can easily access with other pages. It is easier for the students to search in just one click of your mouse. Also, it is very convenient to use.