Archive for the ‘Business Proposal’ Category.
For you to write a proposal easily, all you have to do is follow simple steps and it will ensure that you may have a successful proposal. The purpose of writing a proposal is to convince your reader that your proposed ideas is clearly superior to those submitted by the competitors. Proposal is serves as a sale tool. It should possess a high quality of a formal technical report.
The following are some simple steps in writing a proposal:
- Collect all available pertinent information including your customer and competitors. Make necessary research to find out everything related to your business.
- Analyze and study the collected data and make an introduction. Begin with the cover letter that introduces your company and then the title page as well as the table of contents if it is lengthy.
- Write your executive summary that provides the purpose because it is the most important part of your business proposal it should be free of jargon words or too technical terms. Readers should be able to understand it according to their language.
- Provides your client an information such as technical details, price details, schedules, training information and other documentations.
- Write a rough draft and work for it until you satisfied with your work
- Review and revise your copy of your business proposal including grammar and spelling
- Proofread your business proposal with your friend to find minor mistake or error
The right thing to do is to write a proposal before having a business whether it a restaurant or catering business in order to know the pros and cons of your proposal. Nowadays, it is very important that you write a business proposal because of down economy, establishing a business is never easy.
The following elements are necessary to create a business proposal.
- Executive Summary. It is a brief description of the company. This will allow your reader what your business is all about.
- Business Objectives. It contains the goals of your business to be achieved for the next three to four years. It shows the details how to achieve your business objectives.
- Start up Capital. It provides the details of your capital including your cash as well as the equipment and furniture to be used in your business. All costs and expenses during the start up of your business are included.
- Market Analysis. One of the most important on business is to analyze the market. Specify the market details including competitors. This will determine how your business will be competitive.
- Marketing Strategy. If you know the market already, you should decide the market strategy to be used in order to have a successful business. Using such marketing strategy, you will now forecast the sales based on your strategy.
- Business Management. It outlines how you will manage the entire business.
- Organizational Structure. It shows the organization chart of employees including how they ranked as well as the number of employees and their responsibilities.
- Financial Plan. It details the revenue for the next three to four years. These estimates are just imaginary but it should be accurate as possible.
Some use a sample business proposal to be used as guidelines to their writings however it is necessary to take extra caution when using sample business proposal found in the net and other sources. Not all sample business proposal is right to copy, it is just used as your guidelines.
Having an effective proposal letter can make a big difference in your business. You can close an account or close a business deal through business proposal letter. An effective proposal letter will ensure that your reader or audience caught their attention and favor your proposal. Using a proper format and grammar as well as good content, your proposal letter will be effective and successful.
Format your letter correctly like for example write your name, address and other contact information centered at the top on the letterhead. If there is no letterhead, you can type your name and address in the upper right corner. Recipient’s name and address should be written two lines down from your address. You can place the date beneath the recipient’s address then put “Re:” line on the left side below the date.
You can start your letter with a formal greeting using correct title of the recipient such as Mr, Ms, Mrs and Dr. Greetings also followed by a colon like this: “Dear Mr. Navarro” In the first paragraph of your proposal letter, gives any background information.
On the next paragraph, state clearly and briefly the goal of your proposal letter and your requested action and never include irrelevant information.
You can close your proposal letter by thanking a person for the consideration him to contact you if he has any queries or questions. At the end of your letter you should have a valediction such as “Respectfully yours” or “Sincerely yours” followed by a comma. Then you can write your name a few lines below the valediction and sign your name above your typed name.
If you have any enclosure such as supporting documentation, you can include it and denote these by typing “enclosures:” on the left side beneath your signature.
Always remember that effective proposal letter can make your business successful because it is a best communication between you and your client to make Yes to your proposal.
According to some businessmen out there, it is necessary to have a good communication with your client or customer before writing a business proposal. Writing a business proposal needs plenty of research and preparation as well as work. Actually, there is no standard outline or structure required for your business proposal.
Since writing a business proposal is time consuming, some of us want to take a short way or a shortcut and make a template for submitting a business proposal and this action will make your proposal a lousy one.
Knowing your client is best thing you should know before writing a business proposal. Client’s business needs and problems are always vital for creating a business proposal. The goal of your proposal is to provide information about how your proposal can help your clients. Also, avoid using jargon words instead use plain language so that anyone can understand its content except in highly technical fields.
Clearly define your proposal objectives. Your ideas should communicate effectively. Recognize the key things to communicate with your client.
Lastly, when writing a business proposal, make sure that it is use a proper grammar. It should be free from grammatical and typo grammatical errors. Also, take a look in your page layout which usually allot one third of the page to the left for titles and some space for your reader to make notes.
Business proposal is written to offer a business opportunity from a seller to a buyer for a variety of purpose. It can be solicited or unsolicited proposal. Business owner always want to start writing a business proposal but many of them don’t know where to begin. That’s why businessmen and entrepreneurs are tempted to have a sample business proposal since it offers excellent reference and useful resources.
Some reasons that many businessmen and entrepreneurs uses sample business proposal because it has a template. Sample business proposal gives an idea on how to start it including the structure and components. Always remember that there is no exact proposal out there as unique according to your need.
Since internet is full of sample business proposals through Google search and you will find thousand of results. You should determine and decide what your need is. Also, use trusted site when searching for sample business proposal. It is hard to find a quality sample so you should use only trusted sources since it contains the right information.
Other important aspect of finding the right sample business proposal is determining the cost. Some sites are simply scams which offer materials that are not sufficient and lack of information. Make sure that your vendor is qualified and worth paying.
September 12, 2001
Mrs. Lolita Medina
San Fernando, Pampanga
Dear Mrs. Medina:
We heard that you will be having a Christening celebration for your daughter. We would like to offer a catering service including food such as lunch.
We offer a variety of food packages that cater to any occasions with different budgets. The package feature extra exclusions including cakes, souvenirs and guest book.
Attached herewith is our food package with detailed menu that will suit to your needs including freebies.
You can visit us in our restaurant for further information. We assure you of excellent service since we have 12 years of experience in catering service. Precious moments need not be expensive
Zenaida M. Santos
ABC Food Catering
Types of Business Proposal
1. Sales Proposal
Sales proposal is written to sell an item or idea to a company. It is usually used for research and project request. Sales proposal is used to attempt to propose new idea, products or services. First, it is essential to educate potential customer or client about your product or service to offer. Then, you have to provide convincing statement why the customer needs the product or service. At last, illustrate the return of investment (ROI). A product or service demonstration should also be included in order to know the benefits and advantages. An effective sales proposal has an increase the chances of attaining positive results.
2. Grant Proposal
It is written to request money that does not have to be paid back from government or private donors. The US government as well as some private foundations and public corporations gives billions of dollars in funding to individuals and organizations to be used for particular projects. This financial support requires no repayment as long as it used to fund the project for which it was allocated. The money or the funds is called grant that can be given to individuals, non-profit organization or not-for-profit companies, foundations, charitable or educational organizations. A successful grant proposal will be awarded the funding.
In business, good decision is based on business proposal because it helps analyze the potential paths. Using business proposal, decision makers will see the risk and benefits of making changes.
Preparing a business proposal is a lot of work because it requires a planning, researching, analyzing, and answering fundamental questions related to past, present and future of a new business solution.
The past corresponds to the nature of the problems and any difficulties that the company faces. Presents corresponds with the solution while the future is about the long term benefits of implementing the proposal.
The first part of your proposal includes the background such as the problem and difficulties of the company. Then at the second part, you can now present the solution for the problem. You can also include the history or the related literature before presenting the solution being proposed. The solution contains the discussion about the proposal, cost and the benefits of implementing it the company. You can include graph and charts for further explanation.
The last part will include the future which includes the long term benefits such as the changes and impact for their organization.
When writing effective proposal can be complex and simple things since it all depends on the situation. Always make sure that your proposal is a winning proposal, meaning that your proposal has outlined the benefits to be gained by the company.
You have an idea for a new product or service and you will need an investment to pursue your business venture, what you will have to do is to create a business proposal. You have to make a winning business proposal in order to get financial support or getting help from prospective investor or client.
There is no standard outline or format or ideal format for business proposal but as long as it has complete content of a business requirement.
The following are a sample outline for business proposal:
- Executive Summary – It contains the overview of your proposal.
- Business Description – It provides the background and history of your business. Also contains the goals as well as the product or services description being proposed. It also discussed the supplier information, agreements and ownership structure and legal considerations.
- Business Opportunities – It contains the potential customer, geographical area, business competitors.
- Marketing Strategy – It presents the costing and pricing, sales projection, and marketing plan.
- Business Operations – It includes the operational function, services offered, and personnel.
- Technology – It discusses the technology and application to be used.
- Finances – It includes the revenue, expenses, and financial projections.
- Appendices – It provides the supporting documents that will be useful to the business such as curriculum vitae of the owner and stockholders, permits, agreements and financial statement for the last 3 years.
Business development which required written proposal is avoided by some business people because they believe that writing proposal is tricky. I believe that if you will know the basic steps, it will never be difficult because once you clearly define your plan of action and follow simple steps; you will have a winning business proposal.
The first thing you should do with your business proposal is to clearly define the benefits from the proposed business venture. It should be state visibly how it will benefit for them and how you plan to do it. The next step is to tell them why your company is the best for the job.
Describe the product and services you are offering and state clearly your main objectives that it will be the best solution to their company. Identify the points why your company should be chosen by your client.
Then, carefully identify your financial projections. You can employ professional assistance to estimate your business proposal for your prospective client. Always remember that business is not static entity. Convince them that your offer is the most effective and cost effective. Also, you can research your client’s requirement and make sure that your information is up to date as possible.
Make your business proposal informative as much as possible. Any research done and facts based projects should be included in your proposal. You can use charts and graphs to identify your information where necessary.
Finally, use professional layout and eye-catching cover as well good layout such as bullet points, charts, graphs, financial projections and summaries for quick review by prospective clients. It is essential for your business proposal to create a very positive impression.