Archive for the ‘Writing a Proposal’ Category.
December 10, 2008
Mr. Eugene D. Samson
Santiago St. Sampaloc, Manila
Our company is specializing on designing Websites in PHP, WordPress, HTML, Drupal, Magento, Joomla, Graphic designs and Android iOS application development.
We are happy to announce that we are offering our services such as web Design and development projects at competitive rate without sacrificing on quality. Our services include Logo Design, Responsive Website Design, E-commerce solution, Web development and Web and Mobile Application.
As part of our promotion, we are proposing to have your website taking a free analysis and make a proposal to have a responsive design and building a mobile application only for your company and E-commerce solution.
Please let us know if you are interested to our offers. We are happy to share our proposal and the past work details including client testimonials.
We are looking forward to have your positive response the earliest possible time.
Rodnel D. Herrin
Business Development Consultant
A proposal is written with the purpose of selling or offering something that can help and improve their businesses. It should answer the question following questions:
- What are your proposing?
- How do you implements your proposal?
- When your proposal to do it?
- How much going to cost?
When writing a proposal, always consider your readers or audience and use appropriate materials and language to appeal to them. You can provide glossary of terms that explain technical language use in the body of proposal or include appendices which explain technical information.
Just like any document, there are basic composition of proposal such as the beginning (introduction), middle (body of the proposal) and ending (conclusion and recommendation).
- Introduction – provide the problem intended to solve as well as the solution to that problem.
- Body of the Proposal – explains the details of the solution including how the job will be done, specifies tasks and the method to be used in order to do it. Equipment, materials and personnel required should be also included. In addition, the time when the project or work to be completed and presents the cost breakdown of the entire project,
- End of the Proposal – contains the conclusion and recommendation for the proposal. It emphasizes the benefits of the project from the solution you are proposing. It urge the readers to take action.
Proposal should be informative because it trying to educate the readers and convince them to do it. It should believe that the reader needs the proposal in order to have greater benefits. Make them trust that the solution you are offering is practical and appropriate.
Writing a franchise proposal is required to apply for a particular franchise. Franchise proposal letter is written if you want to invest to a certain business and it is address to the owners to let them know about you and your business background and how you will finance your deal. When writing a franchise proposal, always remember that you are selling yourself as the part of business package.
One of the most important parts of writing a franchise proposal is to prove the owners that you are capable of running a successful business franchise. Franchise proposal should contain important information to attract the interest of the franchise owner.
The basic structure of writing a franchise proposal are introduction, description of your purposes, business history and experience, detailed business plan, projected income and expenses, as well as your financial status whether you will have an start up capital or you will obtain loan.
A franchise owner may require a complete detailed business plan which includes your plan to operate the business from inventory product to attendant cost aside from overall business operation of the business. Also, the long term and short term plan as franchiser so that the franchise owner knows your plans for the future. You can consider consulting other businesses or people who are willing to help you in developing an ideal business plan. You can also attend classes, workshops or seminars to have more knowledge and insights.
Financial proposal is written to determine how much money is allocated to certain project. It gives a financial details mentioned in the proposal. It is presented after a thorough assessment of various costs and expenditures to be used in the project. It talks about how much money you need, how much money you will be used, security and return of investment.
Financial proposal is also used to present or suggest repairing a financial difficulties or budget in the business or project. It outlines the financial changes the project or business wants.
The following are some financial proposal writing guidelines:
- Introduce the name of the organization as well as the person who will be participated in the financial project
- Provides a list of goals to achieve the desired results
- Elaborate the reason for writing the proposal
- Clearly explained the need and importance of financial proposal
- Make a budget and pricing list that explained the fees and charges that must be paid
- Provides the cost as well the risks involved in the project so that the other party may make good decision
- Make a title page and appendix to include any pertaining details about the proposal. This includes the old budget.
Proposal is written to offer a solution to a problem or an action in answer to a need such as a need for financial support for a special project.
The following are some of the types of proposal which is written everywhere.
- Preliminary or Pre-proposal – This proposal is requested by a sponsor to establish interest in a project.
- Solicited Proposal – This proposal is written as response to Request for Proposal (RFP) and should conform by the solicitation requirements issued by the agency.
- Unsolicited Proposal – This proposal is submitted anytime even though the sponsor is not issued a specific solicitation.
- Competitive Proposal – This proposal is a request for a new budget for the expired project.
- Supplemental Proposal – This serve as a request for additional budget for the funded project such as equipment or program modifications.
- New Proposal – This proposal is written for the first time to request for a financial assistance for a project.
- Competing or Renewal Proposal – This proposal request for continued support for existing project.
- Revised Proposal – This proposal is resubmitted that a project may be funded but there is specific changes in the proposal should be made. It should follow the sponsor instructions.
- Renewal Proposal – This proposal is also a request for additional funding. It is also subject to review criteria as new proposal.
The following are some components of a winning business proposal:
- Title – It contains the title of your business proposal and what the proposal is about in a clear manner.
- Executive Summary – It has basic information about your business proposal including the objectives, solution, methodology and cost. It should limited to 2 to 3 pages since it just provide the overview of your business proposal.
- Introduction – It should detail of your company as well the major activities of your business and the history of past relevant endeavors. Also, it contains the purpose and objectives of your business proposal.
- Problem Statement – The problem should clearly define and details what the proposal is trying to achieve. It provides facts, interview and statistics as well as the significance of the need and the reason why needs a solution and objectives of your business proposal. It is important to provide evidence that support the need to come up with a solution.
- Solution to the Problem – It contains the steps and actions to be taken in order to solve the current problem. It provides the description of your business proposal such as the operations to be used.
- Work Plan – It provides the approaches and methodology proposed to achieve the objectives and goals.
- Budget – It contains the cost of your business proposal including the pricing to implement the proposed project, cost projection of cash flow, balance sheet, profit and loss statement, cost benefit analysis and sources of funds.
- Evaluation – It includes the degree if the objectives were met and the procedures were followed.
- Conclusion – It contains the review of what the project will achieve. Also, it will restating the problem and the reason why the proposed solution will succeed.
Proposal has different formats. Choosing the right format for your proposal is very challenging since your should get it right to have a winning proposal. The format you choose is greatly affects how your reader will interprets your proposal. It is important to implement a sales friendly format considering your layout and designs as well as the kinds of format your client’s wants. The kinds of proposal format is depends on the requirements of your client.
The following are the kinds of proposal format
- Construction Proposal. It includes all necessary documentation for the construction project. It is a narrative details the projects including project’s goals, description, objectives, purpose and rationale.
- Business Services Proposal. It looks like a sales presentation because it is composed of service brochures, overviews, referrals from clients. It also includes the pricing and delivery details.
- Response to Request for Proposal. The client is the one who provides the format for the proposal. The reason why the client wants their format is to easily compare their request to the response.
- Quotation for Services Format. The format for quotation for services is a detailed response to the Request for Proposal (RFP) document. It itemized the list of services the firm will provide and any services that will be provided by a subcontractor.
Schedule of Activities for Proposed Admission Program
- Sending of Letters to the Principals of Secondary Schools and School to School Campaign / Career Guidance. Maximum of Four (4) Guidance Personnel and One (1) Driver.
- PSU-CAT Application and Processing
- PSU-CAT Data Encoding and Checking of Answer Sheets
- Testing Dates
- PSU-CAT Results Finalization and Ranking. (Assigned Guidance Personnel and PSU-MIS Personnel)
- PSU-CAT Results Printing and Binding (All Guidance Personnel)
- Posting of Results and Distribution to Key University Officials and Deans of the PSU-CAT Results (All Guidance Personnel )
November 26 up to April 12, 2000
- Areas Covered (Bataan, Pampanga, Olongapo)
- Guidance and Admission Office
- PSU Main Guidance and Admission Office
- CEA Bldg.
- MIS Bldg.
Budget Requirements for the Proposed Admission Program
- LCD Projector, Laptop, Powerpoint Presentation
- Tarpaulin for wall and for poster
- Promotional Materials such as Career Guidance Posters, Customized Fans/Calendar, Ballpens, Flyers
- Meal and Gas Allowance
- Application Forms
- Bulletin Information
- OLSAT Eight Edition Answer
- Six Factor Personality Questionnaire includes test manual, test booklets, quick score answer sheets, profile forms)
- College Adjustment Scale includes manual, reusable booklet, autoscore forms
November 12, 2011
Edgardo L. Rosanes, Ed.D.
Greetings of Peace and Gratitude!
As the University welcomes the second semester of A.Y. 2012 – 2013 with the senior high school students commencing on college entrance preparation, we are presenting to your kind office the proposed Admission Program for Academic Year 2012 – 2013.
A school to school information dissemination as the marketing campaign tool spearheads the activity list. Then, the processing of the application and test administration follows.
To administer the college admission test, we would like to propose a two (2) day examination (February 18 and March 24, 2012) instead of the three (3) month long testing schedule. Though it would require acquisition of additional testing materials, we believe that our university can cut cost on paying testing personnel fees, thus would be more advantageous to the university.
May this merit your approval. Thank you for your usual support to the Guidance Office.
Lenita L. Roxas
Proposal is a communication which sells an idea, concept, piece of equipment or furniture, complex system and a service or anything else. A memorandum is also consider a proposal if contains a purchase of anything or suggesting a more effective system for the use of the company.
Also, a proposal defines a problem which has a purpose of solving it. The suggested solution will be the proposal. It should convince the reader or panel that the proposed undertaking is feasible or superior to those submitted by competitors in cases of public biddings.
A proposal is also consider a sales tool since it should convinces the prospective client or customer to invest their money in the proposed product, idea or services.
There are two types of proposal including solicited and unsolicited proposal. If the proposal is answering an invitation to bid it is called solicited proposal. Many proposals are written in response to a Request for Proposal (RFP) from a government or non profit agency. Some small and medium sized businesses are now give out RFPs to fulfill their needs for best products and services.
When writing a proposal, it usually states the purpose as well as the background information of why you are proposing your suggestion and then state the solution to the problem. Also, provide the cost that involves in your proposal and end up with the conclusion by restating the problem and the proposal solution.