Proposal is written to offer a solution to a problem or an action in answer to a need such as a need for financial support for a special project.
The following are some of the types of proposal which is written everywhere.
- Preliminary or Pre-proposal – This proposal is requested by a sponsor to establish interest in a project.
- Solicited Proposal – This proposal is written as response to Request for Proposal (RFP) and should conform by the solicitation requirements issued by the agency.
- Unsolicited Proposal – This proposal is submitted anytime even though the sponsor is not issued a specific solicitation.
- Competitive Proposal – This proposal is a request for a new budget for the expired project.
- Supplemental Proposal – This serve as a request for additional budget for the funded project such as equipment or program modifications.
- New Proposal – This proposal is written for the first time to request for a financial assistance for a project.
- Competing or Renewal Proposal – This proposal request for continued support for existing project.
- Revised Proposal – This proposal is resubmitted that a project may be funded but there is specific changes in the proposal should be made. It should follow the sponsor instructions.
- Renewal Proposal – This proposal is also a request for additional funding. It is also subject to review criteria as new proposal.