Research proposal is a written document which provides detailed information about the proposed program. It is addressed a particular topic or issue like academic or scientific issue. Some research proposal
Your research proposal should convince your audience that you have a valuable and useful project and you have the capability to complete it. It should contain all key information involved in the research process as well as enough data for the audience or reader to evaluate your proposed study.
One of the difficult tasks in the beginning is to choose a topic. Of course, to choose a topic, it should be interested to you. Choose a topic that you want to study and turn it into question. Make sure also that you have enough resources of information about your chosen topic.
The elements or parts of a research proposal includes introduction, statement of the problem, purpose of the problem, study question and hypothesis, significance of the study, definition of terms, and limitation of the study. Also, it should have related literature review and methodology. In methodology, you can include the samples, instruments, procedure and designs and statistics procedure.
Other format of research proposal includes abstract, problem statement, background of the problem, research design, expected results, and references. Format or elements of research proposal is always depends on you on what is your research all about and the reason of writing the research proposal.
Research proposal is showing the problem intended to solve and investigate. It should be significant enough to deserve the investigation and the method to be used should be suitable and feasible, while the results are prove to be fruitful and will create original contribution to person, company or society. A good research proposal should be impresses or proves to your thesis committee that you have potential as a researcher and your research proposal should promises success for the project.
A research proposal should contain sufficient information to evaluate the proposed study by your reader. It should have a key elements involves in the research process. Research proposal should answer the question, What plan to accomplish, why want to do it and how do it. It should contain title, abstract, introduction, literature review, methods and results.
The technical proposal is our division’s primary sales tool. Our proposals can have a major effect on our performance in highly competitive… market, and it is imperative that they be as good as we can possibly make them. They must not only be technically sound, but they must also be logically and clearly presented.
What is proposal?
- A proposal is a written offer to solve as technical problem in a particular way, under a specified plan of management, for a specified sum of money.
- A proposal is a document designed to convince a “customer” that the company (or organization) presenting it is better qualified to supply a desired product or service than are all the other companies submitting proposals.
- Often a proposal is a very long report and instead of being prepared by a single author, a considerable number of people may collaborate in the writing.
- Some proposals are quite brief and are being prepared by a single author.
- Proposals must be factual, objective, logical.
1. Business Proposal
- to solve the perceived problem in the reader’s organization or government office
- to win an award of a contract
- benefits of the proposed services or products are offered for a quoted payment, usually money
2. Research Proposal
- researcher writes a proposal to the funding agency requesting for compensation – a grant
- A proposal prepared by a single author in an application to a government agency for funding a research project.
- A proposal written by a researcher which is research study. The researcher needs a grant before undertaking a costly project or study culminating in a long, formal report must write a research proposal to the funding agency. Again the writer requests compensation – a grant.