- Ask for the gift. Begin with a reference to your prior contact with your Funding Organization if any. State why you are writing and how much funding is required from your particular foundation, institution, etc.
- Describe your need. State why there is a need for a donation or grant for a piece of equipment, etc.
- Explain what you will do. Provide enough detail to attract your Funding Organization’s interest.
- Provide organization’s information. Include a bit more information about your organization by stating your mission/vision statement, a brief description of your programs offered, number of people that you have served, staff, volunteer, and Board of Trustees, etc.
- Include appropriate budget information. Indicate the total cost of your project proposal.
- End with a strong conclusion. It should have a strong concluding statement.
- Attach any additional information required. Include any supporting document to build strong and positive relationship for your organization’s future and the community you serve.
Posts tagged ‘letter proposal’