Sample Format of a Proposal
1. Title Page
– include proposal title
– department affiliations
– name of project advisor(s)
– summary of the project including its objectives, problem’s significance and scope, methods to be used and results to be expected
– it should be short (100-200 words)
– indicate why the proposal is being made such as problems to be solved, objectives and purpose.
– gives background information and rationalizes the project
– present the concise overview of the entire project being proposed
– include the procedures intends to use to accomplish the proposed project
– availability of facilities play important role in proposals involving such things as the creation of a new product, or installation of new equipment.
– the personnel involve in the proposed project
– provide timetable for the proposed project
– define the length of the project and provide a schedule of who will do the specific tasks during the project period.
– the date when the project is to be completed is approximated
– identify the anticipated cost for everything including the expenses for personnel, equipment, depreciation, interest expenses, insurance premium, travel cost, etc.
– itemized list of prices for everything involved in the project and explains how the money will be regained.
Re-emphasize the advantages and strong points of the proposal.
– supporting material involved in the proposed project.
* Some proposal are not exactly alike in format