Business plan can be considered to be the most critical document of all time since businessmen spending much time creating and submitting business proposal to their prospective clients. Some entrepreneur may get contract with just submitting one proposal for the short period of time. This winning proposal may have good content that client easily captured their attention and approved it.
A winning business proposal should be written properly. A business proposal is written to offers a certain product or service to a client.
There are three (3) basic information need to see in the business proposal namely problems intend to solve, the solution to the problem and the cost of the proposal.
A client may want to know and understand what is the problems existed and your business proposal must be able to explain it accurately. How can you solve the problem if you do not understand these problems?
The main goal of your business proposal is to offer a solution that solves the existing problems faced by your prospective client. This part should be written in detailed to address all the necessary information. This includes the methods or procedure you used and how your proposed solution really solves the problems.
Of course, client may want the cost of your proposed solution. Some client used pricing information for their decision making process. The cost is always depends on your proposed solution whether it is entail a short period or long period of time. You may also consider including a cost benefit analysis in order to help your client to decide.
Proposed Fruit Shake in front of 7-Eleven Store
Name of Business: JCMer Fruit Shake
Proposed Location: JCMer fruit shake will be located in front of 7-eleven store at Paterno St. near Pilar State University
Nature of Business:
JCMer Fruit Shake will serve variety of fruit shakes including Banana Java flavor, Strawberry Banana flavor, Orange Crush flavor, Peachy Oat flavor, Blueberry flavor, Coconut Kale flavor, Avocado Pear flavor, Cranberry flavor, Mango Lasi flavor, Guyabano flavor, Chocolate flavor, Tutti Fruiti flavor, and many more.
This fruit shake will open everyday through Monday to Sunday at 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Know the total size of the market
- State the current demand of the product such as fruit shake
- Know the current trends
- Evaluate if there is a growth opportunity for the business
- Elaborate the roles and responsibilities of each personnel
- Provides training of the personnel
- Describe the strategies to be used in order to cope up with the competition
- Total cost of the business
- Cost Analysis Benefit
- Sales forecast spreadsheet
- Startup expenses worksheet
Socio Economic Aspect
- Contribution of the business for the reduction of umemployment
- Contribution of business to community and economy
All business needs an improvement in order to be successful. Such improvement includes the implementation of new rules and policies as well as new plans.
In order to operate a computer shop, it is a need to upgrade everything on the shop including both hardware and software. Also, provide employee a training program to
Below is an example of Restaurant Business Proposal
Business Name: Save and Delete Computer Shop
Summary: It has been 3 years of journey. During the year of operation, we have learns a lot of things of how to improve our services on our customer. It is really an honor to know that our customer always appreciate our efforts in bringing them a satisfaction in every task they given to us. Because of high demands, we have planned to set up new branch near the town proper to serve them better for the convenience of our customer.
Plan of Action:
- Open a new branch near town plaza to provide more services and convenience to our customer live near plaza.
- Hired potential employees who have equip with more skills in computer including web designing,
- Provides brand new computers.
- Train our personnel in computer skills
The estimated cost will be Php405000. This cost includes the 10 computer sets as well the operating expenses
Business proposal is written to suggest a business offers to a prospective client. It serves as sales tool since it either a sell of idea or products. It also categorized into two type of proposal, namely solicited business proposal and unsolicited business proposal.
Solicited business proposal has an organized and detailed format provided by the client. It often publishes a Request for Proposal has an organized and detailed format provided by the client. It often publish a Request for Proposal for bid.
Unsolicited business proposal is written to target individuals or client with an attempt to present a product or service to the potential customers.
Whatever type of business proposal it may be, it should always provide a clear business intention by identifying objectives and purposes. Your proposal should unique and different on any business proposal in order to have a winning proposal. Also, describe the problems being solved as well as the needs of the company and then offer a solution. Make sure that the solution will be delivered and attainable.
In addition, your business proposal should provide the benefits your client will get once approve your proposal. Other important elements is the cost of your proposal if it is worth it and acceptable.
For you to write a proposal easily, all you have to do is follow simple steps and it will ensure that you may have a successful proposal. The purpose of writing a proposal is to convince your reader that your proposed ideas is clearly superior to those submitted by the competitors. Proposal is serves as a sale tool. It should possess a high quality of a formal technical report.
The following are some simple steps in writing a proposal:
- Collect all available pertinent information including your customer and competitors. Make necessary research to find out everything related to your business.
- Analyze and study the collected data and make an introduction. Begin with the cover letter that introduces your company and then the title page as well as the table of contents if it is lengthy.
- Write your executive summary that provides the purpose because it is the most important part of your business proposal it should be free of jargon words or too technical terms. Readers should be able to understand it according to their language.
- Provides your client an information such as technical details, price details, schedules, training information and other documentations.
- Write a rough draft and work for it until you satisfied with your work
- Review and revise your copy of your business proposal including grammar and spelling
- Proofread your business proposal with your friend to find minor mistake or error
The right thing to do is to write a proposal before having a business whether it a restaurant or catering business in order to know the pros and cons of your proposal. Nowadays, it is very important that you write a business proposal because of down economy, establishing a business is never easy.
The following elements are necessary to create a business proposal.
- Executive Summary. It is a brief description of the company. This will allow your reader what your business is all about.
- Business Objectives. It contains the goals of your business to be achieved for the next three to four years. It shows the details how to achieve your business objectives.
- Start up Capital. It provides the details of your capital including your cash as well as the equipment and furniture to be used in your business. All costs and expenses during the start up of your business are included.
- Market Analysis. One of the most important on business is to analyze the market. Specify the market details including competitors. This will determine how your business will be competitive.
- Marketing Strategy. If you know the market already, you should decide the market strategy to be used in order to have a successful business. Using such marketing strategy, you will now forecast the sales based on your strategy.
- Business Management. It outlines how you will manage the entire business.
- Organizational Structure. It shows the organization chart of employees including how they ranked as well as the number of employees and their responsibilities.
- Financial Plan. It details the revenue for the next three to four years. These estimates are just imaginary but it should be accurate as possible.
Some use a sample business proposal to be used as guidelines to their writings however it is necessary to take extra caution when using sample business proposal found in the net and other sources. Not all sample business proposal is right to copy, it is just used as your guidelines.
Having an effective proposal letter can make a big difference in your business. You can close an account or close a business deal through business proposal letter. An effective proposal letter will ensure that your reader or audience caught their attention and favor your proposal. Using a proper format and grammar as well as good content, your proposal letter will be effective and successful.
Format your letter correctly like for example write your name, address and other contact information centered at the top on the letterhead. If there is no letterhead, you can type your name and address in the upper right corner. Recipient’s name and address should be written two lines down from your address. You can place the date beneath the recipient’s address then put “Re:” line on the left side below the date.
You can start your letter with a formal greeting using correct title of the recipient such as Mr, Ms, Mrs and Dr. Greetings also followed by a colon like this: “Dear Mr. Navarro” In the first paragraph of your proposal letter, gives any background information.
On the next paragraph, state clearly and briefly the goal of your proposal letter and your requested action and never include irrelevant information.
You can close your proposal letter by thanking a person for the consideration him to contact you if he has any queries or questions. At the end of your letter you should have a valediction such as “Respectfully yours” or “Sincerely yours” followed by a comma. Then you can write your name a few lines below the valediction and sign your name above your typed name.
If you have any enclosure such as supporting documentation, you can include it and denote these by typing “enclosures:” on the left side beneath your signature.
Always remember that effective proposal letter can make your business successful because it is a best communication between you and your client to make Yes to your proposal.
According to some businessmen out there, it is necessary to have a good communication with your client or customer before writing a business proposal. Writing a business proposal needs plenty of research and preparation as well as work. Actually, there is no standard outline or structure required for your business proposal.
Since writing a business proposal is time consuming, some of us want to take a short way or a shortcut and make a template for submitting a business proposal and this action will make your proposal a lousy one.
Knowing your client is best thing you should know before writing a business proposal. Client’s business needs and problems are always vital for creating a business proposal. The goal of your proposal is to provide information about how your proposal can help your clients. Also, avoid using jargon words instead use plain language so that anyone can understand its content except in highly technical fields.
Clearly define your proposal objectives. Your ideas should communicate effectively. Recognize the key things to communicate with your client.
Lastly, when writing a business proposal, make sure that it is use a proper grammar. It should be free from grammatical and typo grammatical errors. Also, take a look in your page layout which usually allot one third of the page to the left for titles and some space for your reader to make notes.
Business proposal is written to offer a business opportunity from a seller to a buyer for a variety of purpose. It can be solicited or unsolicited proposal. Business owner always want to start writing a business proposal but many of them don’t know where to begin. That’s why businessmen and entrepreneurs are tempted to have a sample business proposal since it offers excellent reference and useful resources.
Some reasons that many businessmen and entrepreneurs uses sample business proposal because it has a template. Sample business proposal gives an idea on how to start it including the structure and components. Always remember that there is no exact proposal out there as unique according to your need.
Since internet is full of sample business proposals through Google search and you will find thousand of results. You should determine and decide what your need is. Also, use trusted site when searching for sample business proposal. It is hard to find a quality sample so you should use only trusted sources since it contains the right information.
Other important aspect of finding the right sample business proposal is determining the cost. Some sites are simply scams which offer materials that are not sufficient and lack of information. Make sure that your vendor is qualified and worth paying.
Types of Business Proposal
1. Sales Proposal
Sales proposal is written to sell an item or idea to a company. It is usually used for research and project request. Sales proposal is used to attempt to propose new idea, products or services. First, it is essential to educate potential customer or client about your product or service to offer. Then, you have to provide convincing statement why the customer needs the product or service. At last, illustrate the return of investment (ROI). A product or service demonstration should also be included in order to know the benefits and advantages. An effective sales proposal has an increase the chances of attaining positive results.
2. Grant Proposal
It is written to request money that does not have to be paid back from government or private donors. The US government as well as some private foundations and public corporations gives billions of dollars in funding to individuals and organizations to be used for particular projects. This financial support requires no repayment as long as it used to fund the project for which it was allocated. The money or the funds is called grant that can be given to individuals, non-profit organization or not-for-profit companies, foundations, charitable or educational organizations. A successful grant proposal will be awarded the funding.