An Example of a Proposal
Title: Establishment of a McDonald Branch Along Nicanor Reyes Street Sampaloc, Manila
Part of my job as public relations director of CORMEGMAR ECONOMIC CONSULTANCY is to propose to big business establishment s an expansion of their business interests. Having been notified that your company plans to engage in anther business venture, I offer you with optimism this proposal
The food centers at the university belt could not accommodate all the customers especially during peak hours, the area being thickly populated by students, professionals and permanent residents. Not one of the food centers merits a class A category, most of them being classified only as C or D. In fact, on special occasions, many residents go as far as Makati to dine with friends and loved ones because no food center in the place merits the occasion.
To remedy this problem, I propose that you choose the area along Nicanor Reyes Street for your business expansion. This proposal details the problems, the solutions and the cost.
With an 8.5% inflation rate, life is becoming more difficult each day. This is aggravated by the 80% unemployment and under employment. With this scenario, choosing a business and its location poses a problem among entrepreneurs. Some of the major problems that may be met are the following:
- Kind of business. What kind of business will one engage in?
- Location. What is the best location for a business?
- Cost of land. Where can one find the cheapest land?
- Security. Is If safe to engage in business there?
- Financial reward. Will one be financially merited in such business?
Businessmen should solve the problems. They must be sure that their venture will be financially rewarding.
The problems of aforementioned can be solved
- Kind of business. Man can forego almost every thing except food, it being necessary for survival. Men have to eat and they do everything to fill in their stomachs even to the extent of stealing to satisfy their hunger. This fact makes the food business rewarding.
- Location. The best place to establish a food center is the university belt because of its immediacy to colleges and universities, hospitals, public and private offices and residences.
- Cost of land. The Php 20,000 per square meter of land is comparative low since the current price of land in the area is Php25,000. The lot owner will leave for the United States for good and the property has to be disposed immediately.
- Security. This is a major consideration of a business enterprise. The McDonald Branch along Jose Reyes is very secure because of several establishments around. Policemen are assigned to secure the place on a 24 hour routine.
- Profitability. The ten million population in Metro Manila concentrate in this area. Statistics show that about two million live in the place. Since food centers cater to people, McDonald along Nicanor Reyes St. will be the most patronized branch of the food chain.
Establishing a food chain is not easy but the proposed center is not very costly as shown in the list below:
Land – Php40,0000,000
Building – Php 3,000,000
Equipments – 500,000
Total Cost – Php 43,500,000
This proposal has shown the viability of establishing the McDonald branch along Jose Reyes St. Sampaloc, Manila. There is no better place than the U-belt. There is no better business than a food center. There is no better time than now.
I will drop by later this month to discuss any question you might have about the proposal.
(source: Technical Writing by Obnamia, dela Crys and Aquino)