Research is an organized way of solving a problem or establishing the answer to a query. It is the manner by which the individual articulates the meaning of facts and data.
Research as a Process
Research is a cyclic process.
- Research begins with an unanswered question in the mind of the researcher.
- Research sees the goal in a clear statement of the problem.
- Research subdivides the problem into appropriate sub-problems.
- Research poses tentative solutions to the problem(s) through appropriate hypotheses.
- Research looks for the fact directed by the hypotheses and guided by the problem.
- Research interprets the meaning of the facts which leads to the resolution of the problem.