A good proposal should be readable, well-organized, understandable and grammatically correct. Your proposal should clearly explain how the proposed idea made improvements.
Based on my understanding, I listed some of characteristics should a proposal should have.
- Describe an idea to solve problems in new ways
- Identify the general and specific objective precisely
- Rationale costing. Budget should be realistic. It should be consistent and complete without unambiguous
- Provide valid assumptions. It should have detailed information to justify every statement.
- Detailed schedule of activities to complete the project
- Follow all the directions given in the proposal guidelines
- Consist of appendices which serve as evidence of careful planning and previous experience
- Clearly communicates the qualification of the personnel involved in the project
- Well-organized writing style in such as way that it uses a header to lead the reader
- Paginated from beginning to end including the appendix
- Use appropriate graphs and figures, charts and other visual materials
- Proofreads for grammatical errors and misspelling
- Include vitae to demonstrate credentials required
- Consists of necessary letter of support and other documentation
- Identify potential pitfalls and alternative approaches