A request for proposal is a document that solicits by an organization, company or agency interested for services, products, potential supplier, assets to submit a business proposal
A company, agency or organization will issue a request for proposal (RFP) when they are interested for services, products, or potential supplier. This request for proposal is (RFP) or request for quotation (RFQ) is also display for the public and different companies bid on the work or job with competitive prices. It is a waste of time if there is no bids at all so it is necessary to prepare request for proposal (RFP) correctly.
Here are the following tips in order to have a successful RFP:
- Know what you need and what you like.
- Specify the requirement you need for the proposal. It is important that you will specify all the requirement based on your wants and needs.
- Organize the document. Make an outline to have an organized document. By writing an outline, you can see the different section for your document such as introduction, requirements, selection criteria, timelines and process. T
- Write an introduction section. In this section, you will explain the purpose of your RFP for your potential bidders.
- Explain the requirements. This will describe the requirements you need for your business.
- Selection criteria. Provide information how you will choose the winning bid
- Provide information how, where, and when to submit RFP